Sunday, February 21, 2010

New hobbies.

I think it's fair to say that the Butterbean is beginning to develop interests and take up hobbies. His love for Mickey Mouse and his Elmo remains at the top of the list, especially at bedtime. (He snuggles with a little stuffed Elmo, while falling asleep) His list of hobbies include playing outside, running around the house, opening and closing cabinets, hiding his pacifiers, taking all of the books off of his bookshelf, and eating goldfish crackers. But he has taken up a new hobby. Oh yes, my friends, a new hobby. The other day he kept going over to my computer, wiggling around a little bit, and then running back to the computer. So, I opened my laptop and he stared at the screen waiting for something to happen. Nothing. So he did a lap around the living room and came back to stare at the screen again. He did this repeatedly while I tried to figure out what he was trying to tell me. We had been Skype-ing my parents a lot lately, so I thought maaaaaaaaybe that was what he was wanting. I called my dad and asked him to get on Skype just to see if this was the answer to his peculiar behavior. My dad called in. The Butterbean squealed in delight then proceeded to run laps excitedly around the room. After he settled, my dad and the babe discussed important matters like animal sounds, "Mee-Mow" (mickey mouse), parts of the face, peek-a-boo, and random jibber-jabber with a squeal here and there. One whole hour later, as you can see, the Butterbean was most content. Hmmm, I'm thinking that Dad via Skype could be a great babysitter while I do the dishes. . . I'm just sayin'. ;)

8 comments:

  1. thanks for stopping by my blog...i visit yours from time to time too...lil butterbean is a cutie pie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to get Krista to watch Isabelle on the computer all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. War Eagle!! I found your blog through MckMama's forum. I'm a fellow Alabamian(sp?). :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness how cute is this picture?! He is loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's fantastic! it's great he can keep up the relationship with his grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yet another reason why our children are destine to be together! Em loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (that's the only way she would do the nebulizer this morning) and she loves the computer!!

    We actually got her a play laptop with money for her birthday. When mom and dad are on our computer, she gets to plan on hers! She loves it. I think it was $30 at Walmart. It's for ages like 4-7 but whatever. She likes it becuase she thinks it's real. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it, my kids love to use the webcam. i say the next time you need a shower have your dad come on ling

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog!

    Your header photo is absolutely adorable! Your photography looks great!! : )

    ReplyDelete