Wednesday, July 30, 2008

So I'm "That" Girl. . .

Since becoming pregnant, I find myself with a whole new level of snarkiness. (Is that even a word?) When out in public, I become bombarded by a hoopla of strangers asking such questions, "When are you due?", "Is it a boy or a girl?", " Are you sure your not having twins?", "Can I touch your belly?" Since when did a pregnant woman become such a spectacle? So I was in Hobby Lobby the other day and of course was asked by the check out lady, "When are you due?" Having had enough of this question for the day I replied very seriously, "Ummm, I'm not pregnant." The look of shock, disbelief, and horror on the poor ladies' face was priceless. If only I had had a camera. She stood there paralyzed in her shock. After a few seconds passed by, she replied, "Oh. I'm sorry, I thought you were." and continued ringing up my items. No other words were spoken between us for the rest of that ackward time. I do have to add that I did really well holding back my laughter. Well, here is picture of my current pregnant self. So very obvious that I'm pregnant. And yes, I'm that girl.

2 comments:

  1. jennie, that's hysterical! you are so cute...the perfect baby belly and all. :) we have a blog as well if you want to check it out and keep up with us. i'm so excited to be able to check in with you!!!

    http://www.kimietylo.blogspot.com/

    love,
    kimie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jennie!

    This is Cullen...That was too funny to pass by.. (I got your link off Facebook Btw..) I can see you totally doing that...Anyway, Katie (my wife) has been in the whole "blog" world as of late...check it out! Good to see you "in" here as well! :)
    The end.

    ReplyDelete