Thursday, November 19, 2009

You know your tired when. . .

So the other day, the Butterbean and I decided that it would be a good idea to go to the grocery store as we were about to use up our last drop of milk. So I grabbed the diaper bag, sunglasses, wallet, keys, baby, and headed out the door. We were driving down the road listening to music. I, singing along to the music, the Butterbean clapping his hands, and kicking his feet. All in all, a good time was had as we drove down the road. I thought I kept hearing some noises off to the right of me. It sounded like it was coming from underneath the front passenger seat. So I turned down the music and listened. It sounded like a rustling, screeching, hissing noise. (If you can even fathom what that sounds like) My first thought, was "There is a freakin' rat in my car!" I kept hearing the noise as we drove along. Slightly freaking out each time the noise commenced. "This is not good!, It's going to jump out and crawl around on me or worse the Butterbean." Beads of sweat began rolling down my forehead. I could not have gotten to the grocery store any faster. I sped into the closest parking spot. Opened up the doors, grabbed the umbrella from the back seat, and began poking around the car. I jumped back trying my hardest not to squeal everytime I poked the umbrella under my front passenger seat. But I never saw anything. Nothing jumped out. Nothing. So I decided to continue on my grocery shopping adventure. I grabbed the Butterbean out of the car, got the diaper bag. And began walking toward the store. And then I heard it again. The screeching, hissing, rustling noise. Off to my right. What the heck??? Is there a giant rat following me? So I stopped walking. And heard it again!!!!!!! I looked off to my right. Nothing. And then I heard it again. . . and then figured out where it was coming from. Yeah. . . ummmmmm. It was the sound of my eyelases rubbing up against my sunglasses everytime I blinked. The sound just happened to bounce in such a way making it seem as though there was something off to my right. And then I realized, I needed a nap. A very very long nap. You may now begin your laughter.

5 comments:

  1. omg... that WOULD happen to you. what the heck kind of mascara do you wear?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Camille, I just have freakishly long eyelashes. It's just plain 'ole mascara, L'oreal stuff. Nothing fancy. And one coat only.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! lol Reminds me of the time when I was looking through a microscope at school and freaked becuase I thought a spider was on the slide and it was just my lashes. ;) We are two of a kind!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny!! you better get some rest. Those eyelashes can do some crazy stuff to your mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahha! Never happened to me, pretty sure it never will...

    ReplyDelete