Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Love poem

We don't really celebrate Valentine's Day in our house. We usually go out to eat as a family (it's about love afterall and we love love love our baby boy!) and maybe give each other cards. This year I picked up The Mr. and nice card telling him precisly how I felt about him. It was a little mushy, yes. But sweet nonetheless. I was proud of my little card. The night before Valentine's Day, The Mr. got a really urge to go to the grocery store. He was acting a little funny, so I asked him why exactly was he going. I kept prying until he finally told me that he needed to go get a card. I told him that it was just ridiculous and he need not get me a card. And if it was really important to him he could just make me one. He agreed and decided not to go to the store. The next morning, I woke up, stretched, got out of bed, and grabbed up the Butterbean and went into our living room. There was a folded, stark white piece of paper with a giant heart with an arrow drawn on it. Awwwww. . . he actually made me a card. I got teared up and then smiled at the sweet card he had made for me. I opened it and inside was this: Roses are red Violets are blue I'll let you kiss me, If I can kiss you too. Will you be my Valentine? True love, my dear friends. That is true love. Love my hubby!

3 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! We do not do much for Valentine's Day either. I did get him a card this year (but could not find it.. hopefully I will find it and give it to him for Easter.. haha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love homemade cards?! Matt and I always make homemade cards for each other. Real cards are overpriced. What a sweet man you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just the sweetest thing ever!!!

    ReplyDelete