Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's 9:30pm on a Wednesday night

It's 9:30pm on a Wednesday night.  And as I sit here typing this there is a two year old standing behind me on the couch playing with my hair and watching Finding Nemo.

I don't mind that he's up this late.  We don't have anywhere to be tomorrow morning and don't have to be up too early.  I am absolutely loving this whole "waiting for a job to open somewhere, stay at home mommy thing."  The past week, I've been able to clean my house, have home cooked meals, and most importantly spend some quality time with The Mr. and my Butterbean.  Wow, how I have missed this stress free feeling.  It's been two years coming, and wow does it feel good.

So being as how I'm now attempting to go back to my "wanna be like Martha" roots, I have taken up knitting. I have been working on a few projects. . . and by few I mean really one project but I have restarted it, three times.

 Okay, it's a scarf.  Can't be too hard right?  Yeah, um. . . not so much.  The first time I began knitting a scarf. . . I thought it looked pretty good.  No mistakes.  About three hours into the project, The Mr. walked in and asked me what I was making.  It was a scarf of course.  He then explained that scarves are not supposed to be three times as wide as your head.
Scarf project fail.
I guess that one will be a blanket.

The second scarf, well. . . let's just say it has issues.

Now the third scarf. . . I'm doing okay on it right now.  Maybe I'll post some pictures.   Or maybe I won't because it is quite embarrassing.

I'm no Martha. . . but I shall prevail and I will finish a scarf gosh darn it. . .

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are enjoying the stay at home mom thing for now! It's great isn't it! And I'm sure the husband is loving the home cooked meals. I know my husband is. I agree that the quality time with the kiddos is by far the best part of it. :) I love how much time I get to spend with my girls! Enjoy it while you can sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing school! If you need any knitting help, let me know, it's my favorite thing to do in my downtime!

    ReplyDelete