Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hello 2009!

Every year, I try my hardest to make a New Year's resolution. Every year, my resolution takes a diving drop into the pits of darkness as I attempt to complete the task at hand. I had a clear vision that maybe I'm just trying too hard and the goal at hand is too large. (Yep, that's it.) So, I'm not losing weight this year. I'm not even going to try to eat healthier. I'm not going to join a gym. Heck, I may not even exercise. I'm going to be a couch potato chocoholic. I know I can definitely complete that resolution. But while I lend to my couch potato chocoholic ways, I think I'm going to become smarter. Yep. This year I have devoted myself to reading. The other day I was thinking that I did not even pick up a single novel this year. I did happen to read chapters 1-24 of the Anatomy and Physiology book. But that doesn't count. 2007 I read along with Oprah's book club and really enjoyed a lot of the books. So, this year in attempt to become a freakshly beautiful genius by the end of the year, I'm going to start reading novels again. In order to hold myself accountable with this resolution, I will place a "Books I have read in 2009" tab over to the right hand side. Now, which one do I start off with? Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. A Thousand Splendid Suns, Pride & Prejudice, Atonement, Wuthering Heights, Things Fall Apart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever read "Redeeming Love?" It is a great book! I highly recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just finished reading Fireproof. it's a great book!!! it was a movie and now is a book. the dvd comes out on jan 27th. anyway, it's a wonderful biblically based book...romance-type.

    ReplyDelete