Friday, July 30, 2010

2am conversations

During our incredibly long drive up north in the middle of the night, The Mr. pulled off to get some gas.  I felt the car slowing down and sleepily opened my eyes.  Glancing at the clock I saw that it was 2:15 am.  Whew. . .  That's pretty early.
At that point, it was my turn to drive so I decided to grab some coffee in the store to perk me up a bit.  The Butterbean was waking up so I grabbed him too and off we walked into the store.  The Mr. met us inside and picked out some chapstick and various other items we had forgotten in our whirlwind packing extravaganza early that day.

Upon leaving the store, the Butterbean pointed up and squealed saying "moon!".  I stated back to him, "Yes baby, that's the moon."
The Butterbean:  star
Me: Yes, that is a star.

The Mr:  That's not a star.
Me: Yes, that's a star.  Look at it. It's bright and right next to the moon!

The Mr:  That's way to close to be a star.
Me:  Well, maybe it's an airplane or something.

The Mr:  That's no airplane.
Me:  Well, what do you think it is. Because last time I checked, I'm pretty sure stars look like that.

The Mr:  It's an alien spaceship watching and waiting to abduct someone. 
Me: No it's not.

The Mr:  Well, that ain't no star.
The Butterbean:  Moon!!!

end of conversation

I'm pretty sure The Mr. must have been sleep-walking, talking, dreaming. . . right?  RIGHT?

2 comments:

  1. LOL. Sounds like a conversation I would have with my husband!

    Welcome "up north". And I MISS YOU!!!!!

    ReplyDelete